I haven’t posted a recipe in a while so I thought I would share with you my made up mid week store cupboard leftovers lunch of Chicken Ragu!
Basically I had a roast chicken at the beginning of the week (not Sunday…. please don’t judge me!) and seen’s as at uni I only normally cook for one person (myself of course!) I had quite a lot of left over chicken!
So I decided to do a bit of experimental cooking and it ended up to be what I have called a ‘Chicken Ragu’ with courgetti!
100g left over roast chicken (or a chicken breast or thigh cooked and shredded)
A large handful of cherry tomato’s about 100g (halved)
Garlic clove (finely chopped)
1tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper to season
Sprinkle of seeds (I used an omega 3 seed mix)
- With a spiralizer, spiral the courgette into noodles.
- Place a ½ tsp of coconut oil (or a small gulg of you chosen oil) into a pan and heat then tip in the garlic and cook for a minute then add in the chopped tomato’s and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on a low-medium heat.
- Next add in the tomato pasta and stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve the pasta a little.
- Then add in the cooked chicken, balsamic, paprika, mixed herbs, season and add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen the sauce and then cook for a further 5 minute until the sauce has started to thicken again.
- Place the courgetti in a separate pan just to heat through (cook for about 1 minute)
- Serve placing the courgetti on the plate and then pouring over the sauce and sprinkling with seeds on top. I also like to drizzle a little good quality extra virgin olive oil on top to finish it off!